Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 non supercharged. New TPS installed.

When I bought the truck it would shift into third after you let off gas and let it fall into 3rd.
After new TPS I did adjust to correct idle speed (700rpm). Shifts into 3rd no problem, but won't go into 4th at highway speed. It does under 35mph or so.
My question is do I need to adjust it more? Does it have that much influence on transmission? It's adjusted to middle of adjustment play.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Throttle input is used for kickdown and shift timing and must be adjusted properly as well as the closed throttle position switch. There’s probably a write up for it somewhere. I use a scan tool and a feeler gauge but it could probably be done with a meter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've set it from 3v to 9v and in between and still no 4th over 45mph. Idle between 500 and 900 rpm too. Now going to check wiring harness to tranny, as it has been replaced a few months ago. Got a code that say there is a voltage drop off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You may be doing more harm than good. The TPS signal ranges from about 0.4v to around 4v. It’s a 5v reference voltage that gets knocked down by a variable resistor. I’d try to get that sensor situation resolved before even driving the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts