Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Xterra needed both tires and TPMS sensors so I was hoping to get both things addressed and upgrade to cool V-shape wheels by getting a low mileage set of 2019 Fronter wheels, but something did not go as expected. Need help.

Nissan TPMS part numbers have changed between 2011 and 2019 but both vehicles are compatible with aftermarket VDO SE10001HPR so I assume system is compatible, same 315MHz.

I did the 36-33-30-27 PSI tire pressure for reset procedure, I did GND the single wire TPMS reset wire. I got the TPMS light to blink in learning mode as expected.

After about 10 miles my blinking light turned solid. At this point I have inflated all tires to same 35-36 PSI.

40 miles later and my TPMS light is still constantly ON. I do not see the "pressure low" text on the gauge cluster.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a chance to get these 2019 Frontier used wheels working on my vehicle in terms of TPMS?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
it ounds like its not learning the sensors, swing er by a tire shop like discount tire and tell them you need the sensors verified working and learned, doesnt cost much and usually takes them less than an hour to do all 4

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha.

So reset procedure is not enough when sensors are replaced. Mavis Discount Tire said they could not program Nissan sensors, dealership was happy to program four sensors for $140.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Gotcha.

So reset procedure is not enough when sensors are replaced. Mavis Discount Tire said they could not program Nissan sensors, dealership was happy to program four sensors for $140.
Nope if you change tpms it has to be programed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts