Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original tow hooks since ive had it 1 has always been missing and its bent to the side i was thinking about getting a new one but wouldnt know where to start. And after i got stuck a few week ago i was pulled out by a bull dozer and though it didnt snatch me i was so stuck (couldnt open the doors) in mud not watery mud but like a clay type stuff and yeah that bull dozer made my good tow hook go from a j shape to an i shape bahaha. But yes anyone know how much these run or if im gonna have to weld new ones in.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Look around for the generic tow hook with 3 mounting holes:

They make this hook with 3 mounting holes, and the two further ones fit the hole spacing on the first generation Xterra. You can put one on each side, but only one frame rail has welded nuts on the inside. That means you would need to figure out some unique snake-like method to get the nut in there and hold it on the driver side.

I managed to put one on each side and used a wire coat hanger wrapped very tightly around the nut with pliers and taped into place excessively. I used this fancy make shift "wrench" to finagle the nut inside the boxed frame rail and thread it onto the bolt. Of course, it can't torque it nearly as tight as it should have been, so it ended up being loosed up after a few pulls. I'd stick with the one on the passenger side that already has welded nuts inside the frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts