Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 285/75/16's too big for my 06 X? Its stock, but hopefully that's gonna change. I'm also getting new rims so I wasn't sure as to how to make sure the rims fit the tires? Ive looked through other threads and I think I have an idea how this works, but before I spent my limited amount of money I wanted to be sure. Any help would be appreciated. These are the tires I'm getting and any suggestions on rims would be very helpful!

Attachments

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
SRstaff what size rims would be appropriate for the size tires I'm looking at?
The stock rims, as posted above.

You don't need new rims for those tires.

285/75/16 and 305/70/16 fit the stock rims fine.

And, they fit with no lift. You just do the melt mod, and you're good to go.

Essentially, your year X could come with 265/75/16, a 32" diameter tire.

285/75/16 and 305/70/16 are 33" tires, only an inch larger....so only 1/2" more sticks out (Radius)...so, clearance is not that different than with stock tires.

>:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to hijack but what about 295/75/16s on stock rims? 2015 PRO4x
Still have my set of Grabber AT2s from my Jeep I sold and would love to get them to fit.
They have maybe 1500 miles on them so would be a waste not to use them.
Mostly concerned about frame rub at full lock.
Could add wheel spacers but i think the smallest available are 1.5 in which would end up giving me a - offset and then fender rub?
I currently have no SL or BL

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Not to hijack but what about 295/75/16s on stock rims? 2015 PRO4x
Still have my set of Grabber AT2s from my Jeep I sold and would love to get them to fit.
They have maybe 1500 miles on them so would be a waste not to use them.
Mostly concerned about frame rub at full lock.
Could add wheel spacers but i think the smallest available are 1.5 in which would end up giving me a - offset and then fender rub?
I currently have no SL or BL
Spacers steal BS and would make the rub worse typically.

Not many run that size, but its fine in that its only a smidge taller than the 285.

IE: 285 mm vs 295 mm section width...and with a 75% aspect ratio, that's only adding ~ 7-8 mm (25.4 mm per inch).

So, as only half the added diameter (The Radius) sticks out, clearance-wise...that's only ~ 1/3" or so difference depending upon the specific 285/75/16 and 295/75/16 you are comparing.

That's within the range a Melt Mod can handle.

>:D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Stick with stock sized tires. Invest in a locker or a winch. 100x more useful off-road and less douchey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stick with stock sized tires. Invest in a locker or a winch. 100x more useful off-road and less douchey.
It's a Pro 4x so it already has a rear locker. Winch involves a new bumper and since I'm not ready for that yet ($$), and I have the tires, which will give me about an extra inch of clearance on the diff, figured might as well use them ;-)
Rock rails would be the next thing on my list to protect the rocker panels and since I wheel with a lot of guys who have winches. I never wheel alone
(Unless you were speaking to the OP ;-)

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's a Pro 4x so it already has a rear locker. Winch involves a new bumper and since I'm not ready for that yet ($$), and I have the tires, which will give me about an extra inch of clearance on the diff, figured might as well use them ;-)
Rock rails would be the next thing on my list to protect the rocker panels and since I wheel with a lot of guys who have winches. I never wheel alone
(Unless you were speaking to the OP ;-)
I was replying to OP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts