Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a 2002 xterra. I'm wanting to put some bigger tires on it . I have No experience whatsoever when it comes to tires. Any suggestions on what I should get ??

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well for starters, what are you trying to get out of your tires? Looking for an AT or MT? Will you be lifting your X? Do you prefer rock crawling, mudding, dirt roads, or stick mostly to the streets and want a AT tire just in case?

Without a body lift, the largest tire you can fit with minimal trimming of the plastics up front is one 32" in diameter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id mostly be on dirt roads and mudding. I'm not really thinking about lifting it because it's expensive ..

·
Registered
787 Posts
Id mostly be on dirt roads and mudding. I'm not really thinking about lifting it because it's expensive ..
BLs are relatively cheap, you can piece them together for around $100. If you're mostly interested in mudding and don't need to much articulation they're a great choice to clear bigger tires, which are also better for the mud.

So would you be interested in MTs in that case? Check out Toyos, Dick Cepek, BFGs, Coopers, and I'm sure other might throw in their favorite MTs. Those are the first off the top of my head.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Yeah, you can mount 33x12.5 on there with a 2-3" BL

You can do a BL yourself in your driveway for ~ $100 in nuts and bolts, etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had no idea 32's would fit in stock form. Learn something everyday.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had no idea 32's would fit in stock form. Learn something everyday.
Yup! The most you might have to do is remove the lower portion of the mud flap (but who doesn't do that?) and maybe trim a very small amount of plastic for no rubbing at all when going over bumps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had 31s on my old one with no issue, never thought about trying 32s. A 2.5" lift is in my near future, so I'll wait till then for tires probably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts