Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With school out and summer here its time to get outside and have some fun.

Last Friday, we teased you with our "Someone SLASHED my tire" thread but Matt, Don and I are now getting pretty serious about our tire swings.

I think my design is definitely the best but Matt and Don think differently. What do you think?

Tire Swing Challenge - Unique Tire Swings Revealed (Part 2 of 4)

Missed Part 1? Get caught up here: Tire Swing Challenge - Building an Awesome Tire Swing for under $40.00 (Part 1 of 4)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
My design...I went with the engineering motto...KISS...Keep it Simple Stupid...

We are designing a tire swing...The swing has been an age old design forever...now we just need to make it out of a tire. No need to change the method of function...just the material...

Add in some off road gear, and you have a portable tire swing you can take with you on the trail!

I apologize for my crappy 1) Drawing skills, and 2) Camera

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My design...I went with the engineering motto...KISS...Keep it Simple Stupid...

We are designing a tire swing...The swing has been an age old design forever...now we just need to make it out of a tire. No need to change the method of function...just the material...

Add in some off road gear, and you have a portable tire swing you can take with you on the trail!

I apologize for my crappy 1) Drawing skills, and 2) Camera
YES!!! I love it. D-Rings, a Tow strap and a piece of tire tread... Very Cool!

You should build it! the tread could double as a non-slip mat for the back of your Xterra when not in use.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D, So I thought I would share this with you Rob, I'm still laughing about this today.... I was able to get some work done on my swing last night. I "stitched" it together so it now has the seat shape I want. To test it out I hung it from a tree in my front yard using a 10,000lb ratchet strap and sat in it.... It was late, around 11:00pm. It was all good, I was kicking back in it trying to figure out a few other things I may do to it to really make it pop and then.... my neighbors drove up and saw me sitting there... I'll admit I don't know them quite as well as I probably should but they hardly speak English and I certainly don't speak the eastern European language they do so its been difficult to talk to them much. I must have looked like "the crazy neighbor" sitting there lol. As they parked and got out of their car I leaned back, looked over my shoulder and said.. "Hi" (with a wave) lol. They laughed and said a few things I couldn't understand and then said hi back with some smiles. - I'm still laughing about that.

I snapped a pic....

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
ahhh looks nice!!!! Looks pretty comfy!

I want to build mine but I'm in the process of moving from Iowa back home to NC...so not a lot of time...but I will definitely be making it once I get settle into my new place!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on. So far, so good here but my 305/45R22 isn't quite big enough for an adult so I'll need to get creative if I don't want to try to start over with a larger tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do y
With school out and summer here its time to get outside and have some fun.

Last Friday, we teased you with our "Someone SLASHED my tire" thread but Matt, Don and I are now getting pretty serious about our tire swings.

I think my design is definitely the best but Matt and Don think differently. What do you think?

Tire Swing Challenge - Unique Tire Swings Revealed (Part 2 of 4)

Missed Part 1? Get caught up here: Tire Swing Challenge - Building an Awesome Tire Swing for under $40.00 (Part 1 of 4)
Would it fit a 2003 also do you make them and sale them
Would like to see a pic
Can send me it to [email protected]
Or at 646-3726428
Thanks john

1 - 8 of 8 Posts