Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 xterra for a project :) . I have a 2 inch body lift and PML on the way. Im going to be running 33s on the stock 15 inch wheels. I know this has probably been asked before but im wondering if ill have any issues running 33x12.5 duratracs after I install the body lift? I tried to search but I couldnt find much on the 12.5's. they are on sale for pretty cheap right now and I wouldn't mind picking a set up. Thank you.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
If its on the stock rims, you'll just need to trim wheel well plastic, mostly the ledge the lower mud flaps used to screw into.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finished my PML and body lift, left the the bump stop gaps at .5 inch gap. If i install 33X12.5R15's with all stock steering components, will i have trouble getting my alignment correct, or will this wear any parts prematurely or risk of anything breaking? I have read about the idler arm brace and upgraded tie rod ends but I dont do heavy off roading very often at all.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I finished my PML and body lift, left the the bump stop gaps at .5 inch gap. If i install 33X12.5R15's with all stock steering components, will i have trouble getting my alignment correct, or will this wear any parts prematurely or risk of anything breaking? I have read about the idler arm brace and upgraded tie rod ends but I dont do heavy off roading very often at all.
Alignment shouldn't be an issue. Might want to beef up the steering a bit since those 33s will put extra strain on some components. There's a lot you can do but the best bang for your buck would be a Idler Arm Brace and Heavy Duty Tie Rod Adjusters. Both can be found on 4x4parts.com.

CORRECTION:
If you really want to go all out, and insure your wheels stay aligned as long as they would stock, I'd replace the (probably) worn down Tie Rods and Balljoints, and replace the Centerlink with a heavy duty one too.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
There are no heavy duty tie rod ends or ball joints - they are just items you replace when worn.

The HD tie rod adjusters and idler arm brace will take care of your immediate breakage items. A heavy duty centerlink and bronze idler arm bushings take care of more premature wear issues.

·
Registered
787 Posts
There are no heavy duty tie rod ends or ball joints - they are just items you replace when worn.

The HD tie rod adjusters and idler arm brace will take care of your immediate breakage items. A heavy duty centerlink and bronze idler arm bushings take care of more premature wear issues.
Sorry didn't mean to include those in the heavy duty portion. They're probably worn down on 16 year old truck so I just meant replace them. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Who sell's the heavy duty center link? would that be absolutely necessary for 33's? Could I get away with out it? I live in Canada and parts are about 30% more considering our dollar currently. so im trying to keep this as cost effective as possible. The tie rod adjusters and brace are fairly cheap so that's not a problem. Would I be better off going with 31s and a stock centerlink?

I don't plan on lifting any higher. I am sticking with my 2 inch body lift and PML for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts