Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking into a Rear Tire carrier similar to the Shrockworks one. Its in my local classifieds and it's a good deal plus its rare to see something like this so im really interesting in buying it.
Only catch is that It's for a 2nd Gen X. Guy selling it says that he's sold one to a 1st Gen owner before and all he had to do was drill slightly different holes to make it fit. Basically what Im asking is there much difference in dimensions for the 1st and 2nd Gen stock bumpers? If you were to buy a Shrockworks tire carrier(example) for a 2nd gen would it be the right dimensions to fit on a 1st Gen? Since the tire carrier replaces the stock bumper.
Im wondering if the stock dimensions for the 2nd Gen back bumper would fit my first gen X. Couldn't find any actual solid trusting dimensions so thought i'd check here.
Here is the ad:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-pa...er/1155414087?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks again!

·
Registered
444 Posts
IIRC the mounting points are different, but overall dimensions are pretty close, someone can chime in if I'm wrong

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it will be an issue to fit it aside from just the mounting points? Size etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nothing wrong with drill different holes. You can just have a shop replace the frame to accept it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts