Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my 2004 Xterra has no idea when the timing belt may have been replaced, so I'm planning to do the belt and water pump as a preventative measure. I believe in buying the best possible components for something as important as the timing belt and especially when it only needs to be done every 100K. With my 4Runner, the rule of thumb was to stick with the Aisin water pump and Mitsuboshi belt, but I have no idea what brands are considered bulletproof for the Nissan. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just rebuilt my engine and I went with a Beck arnley timing kit. If you wanted to you could go oem it wont be that much more money but I honestly don't see the point. The belt That I pulled off when I did my rebuild was the exact same as what I got in the kit, the tensioner bearing was still perfect and the belt looked really good, it had about 80thousand k on it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found what I was looking for. Aisin and Mitsuboshi are still the brands you want. These are the companies that manufacture those parts for Nissan. Also, Koyo makes the best idler bearings (also stock Nissan). Rock Auto has the kit for $122 (best price I've found).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts