Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone!
I am new to the xterra scene and have just recently purchased my first xterra. It’s a 2003 3.3 (non sc) 4x4 with 200,000km. When I bought it I new that it had a slight ticking sound to it but in the last month it has gotten quite a bit worse. I took it to a Nissan dealership here in Calgary Alberta and they said the ticking was caused by a cracked exhaust manifold but to me this sounds way to loud to be an exhaust manifold (I could be wrong). I looked around the exhaust and couldn't find anything. I’m not super smart with cars but I would like a second opinion on the sound. It’s there all the time and doesn't get quieter when the engine is warm. The video is after a 30 minute drive home from work. If you guys could help me diagnose this a little that would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2002 Xterra SE, Shock Blue, AT/4x4
36 Posts
Could be the manifold, they do have a tendency to crack. Which can be hard to see. Do you smell any raw exhaust underhood when you rev it?
I'm sure you did, but did you check your oil level to make sure you aren't low?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll check for the exhaust smell. As for the oil it’s all topped up. I check it pretty frequently due to a leaking oil pan. Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts