Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! This is my first time here. I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra 2wd. Wednesday evening, I pulled out of the grocery store parking lot and the check engine light, the VDC Off light and the Slip light popped on and the car wasn't responding to me pressing the gas pedal. I was able to get it back in the parking lot. I turned off the car for about 20 minutes while waiting for AAA. When they finally got there, they turned it back on and the car was then responding to the gas pedal but the Check Engine light remained on. I was able to drive it since then without any issues. I took it to the repair shop yesterday. The following codes were pulled P2122, P0643, P2127, P0222, P0123 and I was told that it was the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor that needs replaced. Part # 18002-EA000.

Has anyone heard of this issue? If so, is this actually the part that needs replaced? If that is the part, the next problem is everyone is out of stock at this time. Nissan said it is on backorder and may be next Friday before they can get one in. Anyone know where to get this part from?????

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so so much in advance!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The Earthquake in Japan has slowed the spare parts supply badly. You may be able to get a used on at a salvage yard. You might have to seach them on the internet, to find a good used one for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! This is my first time here. I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra 2wd. Wednesday evening, I pulled out of the grocery store parking lot and the check engine light, the VDC Off light and the Slip light popped on and the car wasn't responding to me pressing the gas pedal. I was able to get it back in the parking lot. I turned off the car for about 20 minutes while waiting for AAA. When they finally got there, they turned it back on and the car was then responding to the gas pedal but the Check Engine light remained on. I was able to drive it since then without any issues. I took it to the repair shop yesterday. The following codes were pulled P2122, P0643, P2127, P0222, P0123 and I was told that it was the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor that needs replaced. Part # 18002-EA000.

Has anyone heard of this issue? If so, is this actually the part that needs replaced? If that is the part, the next problem is everyone is out of stock at this time. Nissan said it is on backorder and may be next Friday before they can get one in. Anyone know where to get this part from?????

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so so much in advance!
what was the result and how did you fix it. I have a 2010 Xterra and it’s been doing this and giving me fits. Every time I think it’s fixed, she throws another code and the engine cuts out. I am able to shut it and restart but the dash looks like a Christmas tree all lit up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
165 Posts

Found it online. Pedal travel sensor.
$47 plus travel expenses

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found it online. Pedal travel sensor.
$47 plus travel expenses
I’ve had the pedal sensor replace and it threw the P2138 code again. No one can figure it out and I’m running out of $ to dump. This is my regular mechanic and he has been straight with me for many years. Not sure what my next move is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I’ve had the pedal sensor replace and it threw the P2138 code again. No one can figure it out and I’m running out of $ to dump. This is my regular mechanic and he has been straight with me for many years. Not sure what my next move is.
Well, it's not all about the sensor itself. Stating the obvious but the signal from the sensor has to eventually get to the ECM so the wiring connector at the pedal sensor has to be a solid connection. The location is by default a dirty, high traffic area and I would be looking closely at the connection. I like to use dielectric grease on the contacts of connectors like those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, it's not all about the sensor itself. Stating the obvious but the signal from the sensor has to eventually get to the ECM so the wiring connector at the pedal sensor has to be a solid connection. The location is by default a dirty, high traffic area and I would be looking closely at the connection. I like to use dielectric grease on the contacts of connectors like those.
I look into that. Thanks

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
777 Posts
The APP sensor is rarely the problem. We frequently get vehicles from other shops after having the pedal replaced and they seem to always claim that it needs to be “reflashed”. Never work. I’d have to look at the description in the ESM to have a better idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The APP sensor is rarely the problem. We frequently get vehicles from other shops after having the pedal replaced and they seem to always claim that it needs to be “reflashed”. Never work. I’d have to look at the description in the ESM to have a better idea.
she throws the code after being reset and the engine goes into limp mode every time. The pedal assembly has been replace and this has happen a few times. I’ve been told that it was re-flashed and reset. So I’m still looking for more info. This is the ONLY issue with this vehicle. For a 10 year old car with 130k miles it is in excellent condition in and out. Very frustrating as the original owner and the majority of the mileage is highway.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
777 Posts
If it is intermittent like that then a poor harness connection could be to blame. This can be difficult to isolate. I’d have to look at this harness routing to see where it goes but if I remember correctly, the pedal wiring only goes through the engine room harness which makes fewer potential spots of failure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts