Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 04 2wd Xterra I got it for a great price 300$ even from original owner however after about 3 months actually on Thanksgiving day it started stalling and shutting bucking badly at the time I bought some card cleaner and sprayed the mad down and it would seem to run fine for a day or 3 then it would start again then finally after a month or so my wife was leaving the groceries store and as she put it ..it started fine then soon S she went to reverse it died would crank but would not start a few days before this she took it to the local advance and had them run dtc check and all that came back was the crankshaft sensor code so I changed the crank sensor still no start changed cap and rotor still no start towed it home changed fuel pump still no start finally changed distributor started fine ran for all of three weeks then started stuttering and bucking again but only after it warmed up for instance I would be on interstate driving and at about the same spot on way to work every morning it would start bucking again (around 20to25 miles ) 30/40 minutes of driving ) I could put it in neutral shut it off while still rolling start it up and it would run fine for another 10 to 15 minutes then finally one morning went to head to work and it didn't even get to end of street again crank no start so I ordered an distributor off eBay seems to be of decent quality but still no start also changed maf sensor and it sometimes will start run roughly for 20 minutes or so then about the time it warms up it shutters and does ran code reader on it and it threw 10 codes!! Some of which are redundant crank shaft codes and camshaft codes also a a/t value code ?? Not sure of that on did a little looking into it and it said something of the catylitic converters being clogged which I then find out if has four cats apparently anyway any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been dealing with this thing just over a year now for what I paid it has paid for itself just in getting me to work but I would like to fix it and make daily driver also the guy I bought it from said all that was wring with it was an oil leak which it did have on p/s of rocker box at rear which I hear is common I've also verified fuel at rails as well as spark I'm stumped

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Camshaft sensor may be inside the distributor on your model(I have the '04 3.3L) I changed the distributor twice, and finally ended up replacing the camshaft sensor with the one from the ORIGINAL Nissan distributor! ..something to consider

1 - 2 of 2 Posts