Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been here a while, and figured it was time to post some pics of my ride, dubbed the Elephant by my buddies (after the Elephant in Halo 3, because of how much crap we crammed in it one day). Aside from a Nissan hitch and wiring harness, and some ClubX stickers, it's as stock as the day I bought it. I promised myself I wouldn't spend any money on it until I sold my previous car, but the current economy has made that a little more difficult than I thought.
But I have some small interior mods planned soon (parts are on the way), and some strong interest in my car, so hopefully I can get this mod thread going strong soon.

EDIT: Sold the Focus!

·
I'm kinda wacko
5,315 Posts
Way cool! Nice pics.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude nice phone mount...

I just got the myTouch and i've been looking at making a mount for it.
Bracketron makes a universal mount (Best Buy carries them in the car audio dept.) You might be able to figure a way to use that.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Restored my sun faded wiper cowling today. It's looked bad since I bought the X in December of '08, and I never got around to doing anything with it, but since I recently bought a heat gun to do the melt mod in preparation for my new tires, I figured now was a good time to restore the cowl. Thanks to mbrown7292 for posting a video of the technique a while back.

And yes, that bolt cap on the wiper arm has been missing since it was new. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Restored my sun faded wiper cowling today. It's looked bad since I bought the X in December of '08, and I never got around to doing anything with it, but since I recently bought a heat gun to do the melt mod in preparation for my new tires, I figured now was a good time to restore the cowl. Thanks to mbrown7292 for posting a video of the technique a while back.

And yes, that bolt cap on the wiper arm has been missing since it was new. :)
is the melt mod the same as the heat gun plastic renew or is that something else?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When we talk about the "melt mod" it's in reference to using a heat gun or other source of heat to soften up the plastic bulge in the front wheel wells, so that it can be deformed out of the way in order to fit 33" tires without a lift.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1346

·
Registered
19 Posts
The wiper cowl looks great and I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Did you remove the cowl before using the heat gun on it?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The wiper cowl looks great and I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Did you remove the cowl before using the heat gun on it?
Nope, just be careful not to direct the heat gun at the paint on the hood and don't keep it over one spot on the plastic for very long. Once you get going you'll see what I mean. It's very easy.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took off the step tubes to make room for some NXRocks sliders next month. The Elephant looks good without them, but luckily my wife is begging to put something back to make it easier to get in. So no complaints when I drop the cash on Remy's sliders. :) Pics of X sans step rails tomorrow. Probably. Maybe.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Nice rack! I especially like the customer paper towel holder... I'm waiting for the write up on that one! :mocking:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice rack! I especially like the customer paper towel holder... I'm waiting for the write up on that one! :mocking:
I've added knobs to the bolts that hold it to the tracks since the picture was taken. Now I don't have to use any tools to put the rack in place. As far as the custom paper towel holder....Bungee cords FTW!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts