Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey xterra gurus, my dad found out that he has one of those half plastic collars on the hub front axel cracked, I did the research and I think I figured out the name of this part, "hub cam assembly". Could you please tell me where can I get one and if I'm right on this ?
Thank u very much in advance, got to help him find the part, he lives in foreign country and drives 2000 XTERRA 3.3SE. :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
I believe you're thinking of the fixed cam assembly? See the picture below to confirm this.

As for purchasing a replacement, if it is the fixed cam assembly, some people have been able to source them but most switch over to manual locking hubs when these go out. The replacement is around $90 (if you can find it) I believe and some manual hubs aren't much more than that anyways. Plus they'll outlast the auto hubs.

Only other option would be to replace the entire auto hub assembly if you wish to stay OEM which is $$$.

·
Brooklyn br0
'01XE 4x4 3.3AT Locked SAS 35's
3,326 Posts
The fixed cam assy could not (cannot) be purchased separately from Nissan. The plastic ring that the spring holds is part of the "fixed cam assy". The Nissan auto hub (part number: 40260-9Z500) has been discontinued. You might be able to source the part separately or get it as part of a complete hub used from a junkyard or from someone on this or another board.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank u very much for ur answer, appreciated a lot ! So, if I buy him manual locking hubs I should obviously buy a pair, and to engage 4x4 he would need to shift lever to engage 4x4 in the cabin and them come out and switch hubs manually on each wheel I assume ?
Then to use just rear drive do it again switching manually hubs and shift lever in the cabin, right ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thank u very much for ur answer, appreciated a lot ! So, if I buy him manual locking hubs I should obviously buy a pair, and to engage 4x4 he would need to shift lever to engage 4x4 in the cabin and them come out and switch hubs manually on each wheel I assume ?
Then to use just rear drive do it again switching manually hubs and shift lever in the cabin, right ?
Yeah. Most people will just leave the hubs engaged all winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.