Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm somewhat new to xterras and am brand new to this forum. Hopped on here because I was looking for more than one answer to more than one thing wrong with my x. Selling point for my x was really just the fact that it's a low horse reliable little car great for my high school years and possibly further. While yes, the radiator may be barfing coolant every so often, that's one of the reasons I got it. Good little car to learn from. And they are great offroad vehicles, which I look forward to enjoying with my friends, once I fix some stuff up. Also, the turning radius, MINT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, nothing is perfect. You will find a small engine bay is not so hard to work on once you know what it is you're fixing. At least I find it that way.
Experience is the best teacher. Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,658 Posts
Stop and think for a minute about what you have and it'll help with the whole mentality of the design.

It's a Japanese vehicle. In Japan, a large apartment can be smaller than a US hotel room. Space is at a premium. When riding public transportation, there are employees who push and stuff folks into the cars so the doors will close, and nobody has an issue. Personal space is unheard of.

Now, take a fresh look at your engine bay. See any spare space? It's probably designed that way to allow heat to escape rather than to make it easy to work on things. If you have the 3.3L V6, you'll see tubes running through the middle of the engine. Why? "Oh, look! Space! Let's use it!"

Glad to see you are more practical in your choice of vehicles, too. Instead of the flashy, fast car, you get something that'll work well and do many things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts