Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of anything good near the Texas panhandle? Peferably closer to Amarillo? Besides the Canadian River, I've been out there hundreds of times and there literally isn't anything new to see or do no matter what trail you take.

Dont get me wrong, it's fun as hell, but, i just dont find too much interest in staring at the same thing on the bottom of the trail and I stare at, at the top of the trail!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The Figure 3 Ranch is the only off-roading I'm familiar with in that area, but I don't know if they are open unless there is an event. I believe the Jeep Jamboree is held out there every year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn! I've lived here for this long, and I have literally never heard of this place! I used to go wheelin out at the canyon with my grandpa YEARS ago, but, never knew about it! I may see if he knows about it. Maybe he can hook me up with a fresh place to go play!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I can ask around to see what I can find I'm from Amarillo and all the spots I use to go to when I was growing up have turn into housing development and crap. I will be in Amarillo in a year from now so if you find a spot let me know so I can join you when I move up there

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like Mogman said Figure 3 is really the only place to go. Since I'm using my X for camping more than wheeling I usually just hit up Oklahoma. It's closer than East Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts