Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Xterra, with 108,000 miles. Just a little background, Back in August I blew my radiator. I put a new radiator, thermostat, and fixed a few other things as well ( spark plugs, serpentine belt)

2 months later I noticed that my temp gauge fluctuates pretty bad , it never over heats but it will go up to the line right before it gets hot.

At this point I don’t know what else it could be.

Does anyone else have/had this issue and if so what did you do to fix it.

Thanks In advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup...been there. Fixed w/a new temp sensor.
Perfect.
I was also thinking about just going ahead and maybe replacing my water pump just because I’ve had so many issues and I have over 100,000 miles. Some say i should some say I should just leave it. Any thought?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn't change it unless it gives you problems...a certain level of PM is required on some things, but imo, the h2o pump fits into the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" category.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup...been there. Fixed w/a new temp sensor.
I'm having the same problem. I have a 2007 with 135xxx on it. I just had the timing chain replaced and had the radiator and thermostat replaced while I was in there. Before it was done temp gauge read what it should and didn't fluctuate, now, with all new components it gets to normal operating temp for a while then fluctuates from normal to "hotter than it should be" range. I've checked coolant level and I have heat. Could this be just a junk thermostat that I bought? I got it from AutoZone and it's not the first time I've had issues with there parts. Let me know what you think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts