·
Super Moderator
8,196 Posts
boo

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
RIP

Why is sediment a bad thing? If we're talking like toxins or burnt rubber or something then I understand... but dirt and sand?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well do you think that its possible. That a protest may be able to sway their opinion into re-opening it. I mean anything to help the cause.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
RIP

Why is sediment a bad thing? If we're talking like toxins or burnt rubber or something then I understand... but dirt and sand?
Sediment in the water contributes to turbidity(sp). Its basically the water quality and it effects where fish can live. I've been hearing a lot about it ever since TVA dumped 5 million cubic yards of fly ash into the river up stream from me.

But ya know what? 5 million cubic yards of toxic sludge hasn't hurt the fish population at all. Guess you guys must have been really tearing it up down there....

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RIP

F***ing trout fisherman claim that the sediment inhibits the reproduction of trout in that area which in turn means THEY CAN'T F***ING FISH!

The county and city of Murphy, NC estimated they will lose an annual tourism income of over $10 million. Because of some __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ FISH!!!!

·
3,732 Posts
Sorry to hear it. By reading that document they make it sound like there is less than 30 miles of actual 4x4 ohv trails in the State of N.C., is that right?

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would be about right. The rest of the area is protected wilderness, impassable or logged to hell and back. It's ok to destroy North Carolina as long as you make money from it apparently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts