Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a long post, sorry. Important things are right past the picture :)

Just got a new job recently and had some money to pour into the X. Decided on doing the system first since my truck is pretty much street use other than occasional camping trips and hitting mtb parks.

My X is an 05 SE that came with the rockford system, but wanted a little more volume.

Anyways, heres what came in the mail today (sorry about crap cell quality)...

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-3200 BT
Front door speakers: Alpine Type R 6"x9"s
Rear door speakers: Alpine Type R 6.5"S
Amp: Kicker ZX700.5 (rated 960watts, 4 channels @ 85 watts and seperate sub channel)
Wires: Kicker PK4
Capacitor: Lightning Audio 1 Farad
All sitting on top of my custom sealed sub enclosure loaded with a pair of Kicker Comp 12" (in parallel). If anyone wants details on the box just ask, it was a pretty easy build and fits flush against the back seat (does take up a ton of cargo room though :/ )

·
Registered
290 Posts
sweet set up man, more bass than I prefer but I love the head unit

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, its definately alot of bass with the two 12s but the sealed box will tighten it up nice. Going to be a huge difference over the stock 8incher.
And thanks, the HU is awesom. Touch screen is great and being able to hook up my ipod will be really nice.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I have the same Type R speakers. They are awesome...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just like to know about your car's upgrade.
Specially front door speakers: Alpine Type R 6"x9"s and rear door speakers: Alpine Type R 6.5"S. They are just so awesome. I am having the same so having good experience with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just like to know about your car's upgrade.
Specially front door speakers: Alpine Type R 6"x9"s and rear door speakers: Alpine Type R 6.5"S. They are just so awesome. I am having the same so having good experience with them.
The type R's are amazing. ive got them hooked up to my amp (75 watts going to each) and I'd definately reccomend that to get the most out of them. They can be pushed quite a bit without losing clarity and are definately a HUGE upgrade over the stock speakers in both volume and dynamics.
If you havent already gotten them I would recommend checking Amazon for them. Got mine for a steal at about 85 bucks a pair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts