Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Xterra, 4x4 S/C
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell if your front sway bar end link or sway bar bushings are worn?

I'm guessing these are toast and should be replaced??

How long should one expect these to last?? These have only been on for less than two years; but I was running some very worn tie-rods ends for a while, so I think that did a number on everything else in my suspension?

I just put new tie rods on, so wondering if I just replace everything else - not sure if one thing being worn just causes the others to wear out, so it's best to just update everything all at once?

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,831 Posts
Yeah those are scrap. How long should they last? Got me my truck hasn’t had a front sway bar since 2010 and no I’m not saying to ditch the front sway bar. It’s not for everyone as it does make for a different ride.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Xterra, 4x4 S/C
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck does see a fair bit of highway driving, so I think no front sway bar might be a bit sketch... I've gotten rid of the rear one years ago and haven't noticed a difference though!

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,831 Posts
I drive mine on the highway everyday to and from work, for an hour each way. ? It keeps you on your toes. ? Most of the time it’s not an issue but in high speed emergency maneuvers it gets you attention real quick. Just have to be very smooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts