Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if this has been talked about already, but I couldn't find an answer to my exact question so thought I'd start a new one. And I am a complete noob on suspensions, so please forgive my ignorance.

So here's the deal: I'm driving a '15 Pro-4X and recently added a Hefty front bumper and a few skids. After install I'm sitting at about 1/2" lower in front than I was before the additions. I'm also going to be adding about 90 more pounds here in a few days once I get my P&P sliders painted up and installed.

So the question is: what's the best way to fix that 1/2" of sag? I've got two options I'm considering and I'm curious if anyone out there has an opinion on which is the better way to go. Option 1 is a complete suspension upgrade (front and back) to Bilstein 5100s with the ride height adjustable front shocks. I can keep the stock springs that way and the shocks are adjustable in 1/2" increments to recover the sag. Option 2 is to just upgrade the springs to something heavier duty, which should also recover the sag.

Opinions out there on which is the best way to go? I like the idea of upgrading to the 5100s anyway for a better suspension, but is just adjusting the ride height a band-aid for the true problem and should I upgrade the springs anyway to help carry that extra weight? I've been looking at different spring and suspension options from Nisstec - just not sure what's the best long term and cost-effective solution. Getting the 5100s and keeping the stock springs seems to be the least expensive path, but is it sufficient?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts