Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have an 05 Xterra off road 6 speed manual and i kind of want a supercharger for it. does anyone know where i can get one or even just price one. Also i took my car off-roading (its stock right now) and now every time i turn the sterring wheel it makes a loud noise. It is coming from the front of the car obviously and it is only when i turn the wheel. It sounds like a kind of crunching like when you crush ice with your teeth. It sounds something like that. I already greased the wheels etc. and its still making the noise. If anyone has an idea of what this is please let me know. Also is there anything i should do before or after i go mudding to prevent any damage to my car?
Thanks for all the help!

Sorry that some of the questions are in the wrong forum sections but thanks for the help on the supercharger!
Viva la X!

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Like Jason said, I think Stillen is the only option for a 2nd gen supe. But it's a damn good one. I think SexT was pulling like 330hp after he installed his or somewhere in that hp range.

Can't help on the sound issues unfortunately.

As for "mudding". I hate it. Way too much work afterwards as far as inspections and what not. It's fun yes but over time it will eventually eat away at things like wheel bearings and in the case of the 1st gens, the alternator. I'm not sure of the location of the alternator on the 2nd gens. If you are planning to hit the mud, don't "bomb" the mudholes. At speed, the mud can get high up into the engine bay and get into all sorts of stuff like the air filter/intake, ecm and other vital electronics. Creep through deep holes and don't test out pits that no one else is hitting. There could be a very good reason why they aren't. lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
the clunking sound could be your wheel stopper, that allows you only to turn the wheels so far on your car. mine does it all the time if i turn it hard over, i check with my local dealer, and they said that is what it was.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
I Have an 05 Xterra off road 6 speed manual and i kind of want a supercharger for it. does anyone know where i can get one or even just price one. Also i took my car off-roading (its stock right now) and now every time i turn the sterring wheel it makes a loud noise. It is coming from the front of the car obviously and it is only when i turn the wheel. It sounds like a kind of crunching like when you crush ice with your teeth. It sounds something like that. I already greased the wheels etc. and its still making the noise. If anyone has an idea of what this is please let me know. Also is there anything i should do before or after i go mudding to prevent any damage to my car?
Thanks for all the help!

Sorry that some of the questions are in the wrong forum sections but thanks for the help on the supercharger!
Viva la X!
Could be the turn stop bolts

There's 4 of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts