Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks. There really isn't a change in power. Most people only report about .5 to 1 pound of boost extra if anything. I don't have a boost gauge yet, so I can't say if mine has changed. This mod is primarily for the sound. I plan to get a 2.3" pulley soon and can't wait to see what it's like, especially since that will give me an actual performance increase!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Cool. As you saw from the album on my page I did the pulley and K&N Air Intake at the same time along with the Boost Gauge. It felt (and sounded) like a completely different vehicle. Kick-ass!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rugger did you buy the puller too? Its quite expensive...wonder if you can rent one?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Yes, I did. As a matter of fact, I bought two! If you look at the pics closely you can see that the smaller one didn't work. I had to go back and buy a 5 ton pulley puller.

·
Registered
251 Posts
While changing the knock sensor, I was contemplating putting a new set of bearings in the supercharger and taking that opportunity to further explore plugging the silencer holes. Since I ran into a problem with acquiring the proper gasket to put everything back together, I think I'm seriously going to explore the supercharger while I wait on the gasket to arrive. Tomorrow (or possibly Thursday), I'm going to take the rotors out of the SC for a good cleaning and drop by a guy my brothers know well and ask him some questions about new bearings and possibly plugging those holes. I'll keep y'all posted!
hey carrottop where did you get the bearings for the supercharger?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I found mine on E-bay. The only ones I've been able to find are 1mm larger than the originals, so you have to have the holes enlarged. I still haven't put mine in yet. The timing of several factors worked out so that I wasn't able to get them in. I still have them on hand, though. I'll more than likely wait until I do the pulley swap to have them installed. It may be a while on that, though. Money is getting a little tight lately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's also the main reason I removed my intake baffles/resonators).
[/QUOTE]
What did you use to block off the baffle/ resonator muffler thing. What size is that hole? Im new to xterras and having trouble finding what to use. Im gon a keep searching but if u have the time id appreciate the help. 2003 se sc

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,562 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts