Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so it's now known that the Eaton M62 S/C on the 04 Xterra DOES need maintenance. I just did some maintenance on mine. Popped it out and replaced the default cheap spring coupler with a zz performance solid one. I drained the fluid and replaced it with new fluid, at the same amount as recommended.

However, I'm concerned at the moment given that my Xterra no longer wants to run. Everything was put back on properly, but the gasket did break off. So once I added some gasket maker, I put the S/C back on along with everything else. Exhaust was coming from the area in which it's bolted onto the engine. I replaced my injectors too, everything was placed correctly, but something is causing my RPMs to stay under 1000, and my car putts as it struggles to stay on while I hit the gas above 1500 RPMs. Do the bottom bolts between the S/C and the valve cover have to be torqued at a certain limit to prevent leaks? It's almost as if it's doing worse. Could this be the reason why it's not running?

I know there could be many things, but I did injectors, along with spark plugs, wires, distributor and a new timing belt, MAF, and much more. It ran okay before I maintenanced my S/C.

Thanks Ladies and Gents.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Service manual shows torque of 18-23 ft lbs and a diagram of the tightening sequence from the middle out for the supercharger mounting bolts.
Sounds like you have your hands full. When you change a lot of parts all at the same time it really ramps up the possibilities when troubleshooting the results.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
751 Posts
Everything was put back on properly
if everything was installed correctly my first thought would be defective parts. Several parts are different between VG33E and VG33ER engines. Maybe you got the wrong parts all together?

something is causing my RPMs to stay under 1000, and my car putts as it struggles to stay on while I hit the gas above 1500 RPMs.
you’ll want to correct this soon as you’re probably causing horrible damage to your catalysts

Do the bottom bolts between the S/C and the valve cover have to be torqued at a certain limit to prevent leaks?
All fasteners on your vehicle have specific torque requirements. Different applications have different reasoning behind the specification. XT2015 kindly added the service manual link that may help

everything that you described as having been replaced requires special attention to ensure proper operation.

Aftermarket MAF sensors rarely work properly
Timing belt could be installed wrong
Vacuum leak at manifold
Distributor timing could be improperly set

Im not sure if you replaced all of these items in one go or across a period of time but I wouldn’t think taking the snout off of the blower would cause any of this. These vehicles run better than this with the blower in bypass

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Service manual shows torque of 18-23 ft lbs and a diagram of the tightening sequence from the middle out for the supercharger mounting bolts.
Sounds like you have your hands full. When you change a lot of parts all at the same time it really ramps up the possibilities when troubleshooting the results.
Turns out the samething is needed for the air intake manifold that holds the gasket to the supercharger. Those are 18-23 ft lbs as well. I did some adjustments to those and it looks like my car start to actually run. The only thing I've been hunting is the image for the specs of the supercharger mounting bolts, and their sequence. Do you by chance have any links or pictures of a repair manual that does include the supercharger?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 75796

this vacuum lines are very easy to confuse
Just something to recheck
I appreciate that, the hoses were connected properly but this definitely helps me actually identify which is which. They both look the same so I took pictures as best as I can since one side is on another side of the engine. I did download this for reference however. Thank you!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Turns out the samething is needed for the air intake manifold that holds the gasket to the supercharger. Those are 18-23 ft lbs as well. I did some adjustments to those and it looks like my car start to actually run. The only thing I've been hunting is the image for the specs of the supercharger mounting bolts, and their sequence. Do you by chance have any links or pictures of a repair manual that does include the supercharger?
You will find the supercharger picture with torque numbers and the picture of the supercharger with bolt tightening sequence in the service manual under Engine Mechanical on page 120. It shows as page EM-120 to be specific. Git er done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts