Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, got 'em done! Now I wait for my windows to shatter.

Here is the Bill of Materials, without the prices:
2 10" MTX TS 55's (Im for tight bass)
1800 Watt RMS Kenwood Amp
Kicker Wiring System

Alright now for the pictures ya'll:

Pictured above is the fuse, nearest the battery.

The wiring goes underneath my car, I didnt want to mess with firewall.

pretty miniscule, look at next picture to see almost nothing...

almost nothing

wiring goes underneath back seats, I had the fuse hear, I learned later that i was risking my hind-quarters with a fuse that far away

The wiring goes underneath the back seats and comes up behind the seats.

here is the "Queue" wire, i forgot the rel name of it...

The grounding wire is "cleverly" wired to the rail chassis. I say cleverly as in, "no big deal" See below

Subs seen with golf clubs. Now I will make them disappear, in

*Poof*
I'm magical, NOT

Here is a wider view

And the accompanying Jensen touchscreen deck to top it off.

I am not in the process of any other upgrades as of late, senior year of high school is full of college classes. I wish I had chosen to take easy ones, but hard ones keep me out of trouble.

Thanks for checking this out. See you all soon!

ZK

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ah see im a senior in high school also and I took the easy classes! Anyway Id love to see a video of these!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to get a video up soon. Going paintballing tomorrow, got work at 5 am though.

(sidebar) have u taken any college classes?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thread jack:
And you like paintball! Sweet same here don't play much but when I do I love it.
Um yeah I took sociology last year as a junior and I'm in psychology right now. Both are taught by a college professor at my school.

As for AP classes, no. I was in one two weeks ago an I switched out to take the easy way so I could have a higher gpa this year

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I go out to Jaegers alot, nice underground fields. Apparently its in an old limestone mine. Crazy stuff, its in Kansas City Missouri.

Ive taken AP Biology, College History, I am in College Stats and College English right now.
I will have 24 college credits by the time I am headed off to either K-State, Colorado or Mizzou.

Higher GPA's matter alot, but it shines brighter when you get have a 4.26 GPA in your junior year. Im dying to get it to go up. But it takes effort.

I will get these subs caught on Candid Camera soon, I took these pics 3 days ago,I can't shoot video outside right now, BC i am in Norfolk, VA with my uncle riding out Irene! I will shoot video within a couple days. But for now, gotta keep the house afloat and somehow keep it from exploding. Irene is a cougar!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Dang that's crazy! I'm not that smart, I'm just taking dual credit courses. I was in AP european history but let that class like I said. And I'm I'm college math.

How much did it cost for this sub and amp setup?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im behin my sister, she had 31 college credits. Im envious.

Amp was $180, subs were $300 each. I made 3 other boxes before i made these. These are the best yet.

I get headaches with these subs they are so good. My trunk hatch, the massive plastic panel that houses the first aid kit an coveres the whole door interior, has been replaced 2 times now bc its been shaken of off the metal frame.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Dang lol. I've got a friend who just put $700 worth of subs and amps and it was making quarters jump off his trunk so I can almost imagine yours. I plan to do subs but not that expensive of subs

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know the compartment lid under the trunk that you press to pop it up, I turn on my subs, and it pops up.

Kicker is a good brand, Polk Audio is nothing special
I wil tell you this, Square sub are the best, round ones are not, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE6gKftpw7Y

·
Registered
18 Posts
You know the compartment lid under the trunk that you press to pop it up, I turn on my subs, and it pops up.

Kicker is a good brand, Polk Audio is nothing special
I wil tell you this, Square sub are the best, round ones are not, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE6gKftpw7Y
I worked at Circuit City when they first started carrying the square Kicker subs... we got mad discounts (they wanted us to show off our cars to customers, we didn't complain) and one guy set up his Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4 12"s, and however much power it takes to pump 4 12's as hard as you can. The way he'd show em, he'd tell customers to stand right where they were and don't move (still in the store by the kiosk) and he'd go outside in the employee parking lot and turn on his car system, then come back in and ask them what they thought. We always knew when he was making a sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts