Nissan XTerra Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
You always say things aren't related when they are.. Wear and tear isn't related to overloading your rig anymore than cutting off your ear is related to running?

Your overloading your vehicle, which is a primary cause of drive train problems. If you need to carry 10,000 pounds around then you're going to need a rig that's built for that.

You can try and haul a fifth wheel in a vw beetle because you Really like beetles and have to have one, but you aren't going very far, and you're not doing your beetle any favors.

And when you're cooling system ruptures and valves bend up you can just rebuild the engine

Your temperature gauge might not be moving but your engine is working a lot hotter and under way more pressure than its designed for

You can get lucky maybe, relying on Nissan build quality..

But its actually more like you are running an Olympic race, and you are wearing little pink plastic rollerskates without wheel bearings because you like the rainbows and unicorns, when the normal thing to do would be to don a pair of Nike Running Shoes.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Likewise, if you want to throw on steel bumpers with swingarms, full-size spare tires, water, fuel, and tires up to your chest, and 800 pounds of gear, that you need to run through 8 feet of mud and climb cliffs with, you're going to need something with 500 hp minimum that can carry that all day long like its nothing..

Taking it on or off when needed is not helping much.. It's not about mpg, its about not breaking your drive train or wearing down your poor over-taxed vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
This reminds me of something my IT friend told me about a while ago - which is the ID-10-T code for people who are absolutely bonkers when it comes to fixing their computers. Granted of course it's much harder to figure out a fine piece of engineering like a car, it helps to know the basic fixes for certain car problems and I'm grateful for this forum for that!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
This reminds me of something my IT friend told me about a while ago - which is the ID-10-T code for people who are absolutely bonkers when it comes to fixing their computers. Granted of course it's much harder to figure out a fine piece of engineering like a car, it helps to know the basic fixes for certain car problems and I'm grateful for this forum for that!
im in IT trust me we get alot of those codes, like people not understanding a cord has 2 ends :eek: they check one end for a loose plug but not the other, one day i had to drive 13 miles to one of my sites because they couldnt figure out how to unplug the cable box and reset it even when i walked them through it.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts