Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all - new guy here. I have a 2001 Xterra, stock suspension, and I'm looking to get a new set of wheels for it. For the life of me I cannot seem to find the offset of the stock wheels that are on here.

I've managed to find that stock is a 16x7 - 6 lug - 5.5 bolt pattern.

What I want is shown in the attached picture. Though it's an inch wider (16x8), the tire will 'sit' a bit lower, but - the offset is what I'm having a hard time with. What is stock wheel offset? OR - can anyone honestly say that this particular wheel spec will be fine? I'm only guessing that the -6mm offset of the new wheel may 'poke' a bit, but - how much from whatever stock is?

Thank you for your input! :)

Buddy L.

Attachments

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Hey y'all - new guy here. I have a 2001 Xterra, stock suspension, and I'm looking to get a new set of wheels for it. For the life of me I cannot seem to find the offset of the stock wheels that are on here.

I've managed to find that stock is a 16x7 - 6 lug - 5.5 bolt pattern.

What I want is shown in the attached picture. Though it's an inch wider (16x8), the tire will 'sit' a bit lower, but - the offset is what I'm having a hard time with. What is stock wheel offset? OR - can anyone honestly say that this particular wheel spec will be fine? I'm only guessing that the -6mm offset of the new wheel may 'poke' a bit, but - how much from whatever stock is?

Thank you for your input! :)

Buddy L.

Those have too little backspacing, and you'll be trimming metal off the rig to keep the tires from rubbing unless you get wee weenie tires.

>:D

Those have 3.75" of BS, you WANT 5.5" for front tire clearance.

They'd be fine in the back, but the front steers, and, is IFS, so the tire swings differently than the rear live axle's tires.

Unless you want to have to carry two spare tires, get rims with 5.5" of BS.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
i have a similar rim but it s 15x8 with 31x10.5 15 i had to trim inner fender plastic & bumper.
Good example, a stock rig can fit 32x11.5...less BS = less tire clearance.

:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those have too little backspacing, and you'll be trimming metal off the rig to keep the tires from rubbing unless you get wee weenie tires.

>:D

Those have 3.75" of BS, you WANT 5.5" for front tire clearance.

They'd be fine in the back, but the front steers, and, is IFS, so the tire swings differently than the rear live axle's tires.

Unless you want to have to carry two spare tires, get rims with 5.5" of BS.
Why will you have to move the tire in closer to the frame to prevent rubbing? Less back space = Moving the tire further away from the parts it will rub on and more clearance

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is not the frame that the tire will rub on. It will be the back edge of the tire opening on the front fender. This has been talked about at length on here. Listen to the wisdom and get as close to 5.5 BS you can get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts