Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 xterra with the stock stereo that i personally dont like. does anyone have suggestions on what kind i should get? i prefer a touchscreen, but not that important to me. Not wanting to spend more than $175

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree about Crutchfield...

I bought this stereo there.. http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/JVC_KW-R910BT.html

It's $119.99 and has bluetooth, usb, smart phone control, AUX in on front, etc.. I bought an open box for $109 everything was factory sealed except the box... plus lifetime tech support and it comes with everything u need to install for FREE!

They have factory refurbished for $99 now just search for JVC KW-R910BT in their search field... over 900 reviews with an average 4.5 out of 5 stars...

oh yeah free shipping and no tax at least where i live... TN

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are probably better off doing the research on crutch field for the stereo of choice and then checking Amazon for a better price. YouTube will teach you all the installation instructions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
On the one I mentioned I couldn't find a better price - but i totally agree but crutchfield does have compatibility guarantees and provides all u need to install easily yourself.. you can still use youtube to help you with installs and have people who can answer questions over the phone that just can't be answered by a video that doesn't pertain to your situation

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can pay for the convenience of having everything from Crutchfield, or you can piece it together yourself and save money. That's what I did, just sourced it from Amazon or eBay and saved a decent amount of cash.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can pay for the convenience of having everything from Crutchfield, or you can piece it together yourself and save money. That's what I did, just sourced it from Amazon or eBay and saved a decent amount of cash.
I'm all about saving money and google every product/model number before i buy but rarely have found significant savings of more than 5-10% over crutchfield

·
Registered
1 Posts
aftermarket stereo

I just installed a Pioneer AVH 280BT in my 2003 and love it. Has CD/DVD Aux, usb, bluetooth. Auto screen dimming, can turn screen off and still use bluetooth and any other input. Touch screen resolution is great. Really happy with setup.

Got it a sonicelectronix.com added rear camera and got free harness and plastic face mounts etc.

Soldered plainly marked radio wires to like marked wire on supplied harness and plugged in. Worked witout a problem.

Highly recommend it and Sonicelectronix.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I followed the above Crutchfield advice. The stereo mhhousley listed isn't available anymore according to the website, but there was a replacement unit listed and I picked it up. The newer model is here https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR920B/JVC-KW-R920BTS.html they look very similar, and I paid 119.99.

I also picked up the installation kit, going for convenience over shopping around. I checked out a couple youtube videos and it seems quite simple to remove the stock stereo. My concern is in the wiring.

Thanks for all the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.