1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll start with the basics:
* 2007 Nissan Xterra.
* Car ran fine until battery died.
* Security system was temperamental when using the key fob so I stopped using it.

A week ago the car was trying to turn over, but it couldn't get started without a jump. A few more days without driving it and all the electronics wouldn't turn on. Seemed pretty cut and dry that I needed to replace the battery.

Fast forward to this morning, I replace the battery and once I connect the second connector the horn starts blaring from the alarm system. Now, whenever I open the car with a key (have no fobs) the alarm goes off and the won't start.

My guess is the immobilizer needs to be reset or something along those lines, but everything I am trying isn't working. Manual recommends turning the key between off and the on position twice to reset the system, but that didn't do anything.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm interested in this myself. Went to start the xterra this morning after a very cold night. When I turned the key, nothing. No lights, no clicking. Nothing. Attached some jumper cables, and immediately the horn starts blaring and lights start flashing. That stops after a short while, and I let everything sit for a few minutes while waiting for the battery to charge a bit. Get in, turn the key, the dash lights all work but the engine still won't turnover. The horn and lights start up again, but I may have accidentally hit the panic button on fob given I was wearing bulky gloves. Wait a bit longer to try again, but xterra still won't turn over. Punt until it warms up outside a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts