·
Registered
5,824 Posts
What's it off of?

·
Registered
400 Posts
SouthernSteel,
::Scratches Head:: We were talking about an OEM transfer case skid plate. Is that what you are talking about? because it sounds like Wheel bolt pattern.

SRStaff,
Did you have any problems removing the TB? I think mine are really rusted in place and wanted to pick your brain.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Drew, if you are up north then drown the TBs with some PB Blaster. Should hopefully ease the pain of getting them out. Mine just come right out.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
legend869 and I had a chance to do some suspension testing Sun in the TNF. It was for seing how big of a difference the front sway bar affects articulation in the front end since I have been too lazy to disconnect it when going off road(takes less then 5 mins. to take the end links out and let the bar hang on the two center bushings). We found a spot when it would have to get bump speed to get up due to the lack of flex. Disconnected the front sway bar and the Xterra walk right on through like no big deal. then we decided to do more difficult stuff. Still easy even while draging the pumpkin over 4ft. with the Xterra angled with 2 wheels in a runoff rut. I know with the SAW TBs I have on now will push the wheel down and keep good spring pressure to keep traction to let the Xterra go where it pleases. I will need to get the pics up when I get a chance. I am one of those people that needs th front sway bar for the street. I have to do emergencey lane changs due to idiots that cannot drive and I like going around corners at speed. For 5 mins off and 5 mins back on; no question it will be done from now on.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
3" SL is finally finished. End up with the Calmini AAL along with a couple modifications to the leaf springs. Will see how it performs on the Stony Lonesome trails on October 25th. The ride is suprisingly not harsh.

·
Registered
816 Posts
legend869 and I had a chance to do some suspension testing Sun in the TNF. It was for seing how big of a difference the front sway bar affects articulation in the front end since I have been too lazy to disconnect it when going off road(takes less then 5 mins. to take the end links out and let the bar hang on the two center bushings). We found a spot when it would have to get bump speed to get up due to the lack of flex. Disconnected the front sway bar and the Xterra walk right on through like no big deal. then we decided to do more difficult stuff. Still easy even while draging the pumpkin over 4ft. with the Xterra angled with 2 wheels in a runoff rut. I know with the SAW TBs I have on now will push the wheel down and keep good spring pressure to keep traction to let the Xterra go where it pleases. I will need to get the pics up when I get a chance. I am one of those people that needs th front sway bar for the street. I have to do emergencey lane changs due to idiots that cannot drive and I like going around corners at speed. For 5 mins off and 5 mins back on; no question it will be done from now on.
I've ditched both my sways and will never look back.
Got used to it on the road that way in like 10 minutes and what a difference off road.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Finally got around to doing a couple things again. Swapped out the OEM brake lines with the AC extended brake lines. Also finished up my steering this week along with a fresh alignment. The last piece for the steering was the Grassroots 4x4 centerlink. Also adjusted the TB to 5/8" gap since I drove it around enough to wear in the SAW TBs. I have the Moog greaseable inner TREs that had to be shaved to clear the frame. Minor adjustment.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Lokka & diff drop bushings are in and everything is installed. Works like it is supposed to. The auto hubs wanted to act up so I figured out how to completely disassemble them to clean them so they should be good to go now. Plastic rings in both of them are good on my originals and my spares.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts