Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my SRS MIL began flashing, I pulled codes B1115 and B1120, right and left satellite impact sensor communications problem. I believe the satellite sensors are only in vehicles with side curtain SRS. The sensors are in the door sills under the plastic sill trim along side the seat. The right side sensor and connector were in excellent condition and what I assume was the ground in the connector was good, no short to ground or between the sensor pins. The left side sensor was a pile of white powder corrosion. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of it, it was impressive. I pulled the sensor and removed if from the bracket. The bottom had rotted completely away and the expanded corrosion impinged on the gel sealing the circuit board. The connector pins on the board were shorted. I cleaned it up and the board appeared intact and the short was no longer present, so I popped it back in. The codes came up history, I cleared and the MIL went out. Not sure why it pitched a code for both sensors when only one was the problem. I'll replace the sensor when it fails again.
Hopefully this info is useful to someone.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
912 Posts
It's not impossible that they're interconnected, or as a purely safety-conscious move, the SRS is designed to ensure total system readiness by replacing them in pairs.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a damaged sensor to work properly if my life depended on it. And that's exactly what's at stake in an accident that is severe enough to fire the SRS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts