Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front left quarter panel above the wheel well is very squeaky lately and I am not sure why. I have done some lubricating in the are that slightly reduced the issue but when driving it can be quite annoying. Are there any areas behind the wheel well barrier (the black plastic bit that screws on) that might need some extra TLC?

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. It seems to have a little more play in it than the other side, with the noise coming from where the end of the fender and body panel meet above and to the front of the wheel well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. What I have found on mine was a couple of nuts that needed to be tightened. I will try to explain to the best of my ability. Look in your front wheel well under the front bumper. There is a almost vertical rod that holds the bumper in place. In my case it was the lower nut that holds this rod in place and attaches it to the bumper. If you tighten this it should take care of the issue. This was driving me nuts and took me a few tries to pinpoint. What mine was doing was a high pitch squeak when going over slight bumps which would cause it to vibrate. The sound drove me nuts but tightening those nuts slightly took care of it for my car.

Mine is a 2001 and I am not sure if your 2006 is built the same way but worth a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts