Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I replaced upper control arm and still have the squeaking when I turn and over bumps. Is it lower control arm or strut? Coil looks pretty shot.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So, I replaced upper control arm and still have the squeaking when I turn and over bumps. Is it lower control arm or strut? Coil looks pretty shot.
Since there are two very different generations of Xterra's it's very important to know what year and model you are working on. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 se 4x4 5spd 32"
157 Posts
I had a noise like that, I replaced the ball joints (upper and lower), the tie rods, and the shocks. The noise went away. But I don't know which of those was making the noise. Once I had gone to all the work of taking it apart I was just going to replace them all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds about right. I did the upper control arm, but have been waiting to buy the tools to do the lower arm and strut. Gonna need a sawzall and some good Diablo blades im sure. Tried to do the strut , but the top 3 14mm nuts were so corroded I couldnt get them off with regular tools. Thanks for the advice. I love this site. Haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2003 x is so squeeky, I just baught it and am new to the xterras but I love this thing. It seems to only squeek bad on rainy days like today. Its like comically squeeky like i cant help but smile sometimes i feel like im in an old floating house. From reading here it sounds like i should just replace everything.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sounds about right. I did the upper control arm, but have been waiting to buy the tools to do the lower arm and strut. Gonna need a sawzall and some good Diablo blades im sure. Tried to do the strut , but the top 3 14mm nuts were so corroded I couldnt get them off with regular tools. Thanks for the advice. I love this site. Haha.
Take a peak. Moog has been around a long long time.
MOOG Auto Part Finder | Vehicle Part Results (moogparts.com)
This link is for 2003 Xterra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts