Nissan XTerra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Germany and occasionally have to use the autobahn, well the 95 mph speed limiter on my truck pisses me off. Is there a programmer or ecu mod to get rid of it? I don't like being passed by a 1.0 liter VW Up. :boese-big:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I didnt know an xterra could go that fast to begin with, never had mine over 80. Even then a little gust of wind or a small hill and it would lose speed. the tires probably have something to do with that though.

As far as I know there is nothing you can do for a first gen. There are some aftermarket piggy backs but everybody says they are worthless.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
It's probably not a very good idea to drive a top heavy SUV that fast in the first place. I wouldn't ever take mine above 80, and I have a second gen. It just doesn't strike me as the type of vehicle that should be zipping at top speed along the autobahn. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Put on taller tires. Then it only *thinks* you are going 95.
I've never had mine over 90, and that was only for a 10 second blast.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I don't like being passed by a 1.0 liter VW Up. :boese-big:
Hehe, just remember when he's 2nd guessing whether he should attempt a puddle in the road you can probably blow right through, every vehicle has its strengths and weaknesses just play to the X's strength!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used to hit 95 in my X almost daily because I had a 30 mile commute my freshman year of college. You guys make me feel like I'm really lucky to be alive!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fastest My X has ever been. I was on my sown to a car meet and trying to keep up with a lot of lowered fast cars. After about a minute of that, the amount of gas i was wasting and the cost of a speeding ticket was not worth it...

·
Registered
269 Posts
My previous 2002 QX4 had no trouble going 110... vq35 FTW

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to hit 95 in my X almost daily because I had a 30 mile commute my freshman year of college. You guys make me feel like I'm really lucky to be alive!
I wouldn't listen to them to he honest I do 80+ almost daily the only thing you really need to worry about is the gas mileage because it'll go from miles per gallon to gallons per mile real quick lol

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,469 Posts
I wouldn't listen to them to he honest I do 80+ almost daily the only thing you really need to worry about is the gas mileage because it'll go from miles per gallon to gallons per mile real quick lol
I wouldn't listen to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't listen to you.
And why is that? Maybe because you don't know how to drive as well as others as long as you are taking the right precautions and being safe about driving fast there is nothing to worry about I know my X very well and I know what it's limits are and speed is not one of them although it kinda is because of the limiter but still I fully believe that if the limiter was removed it could easily maintain 100mph until it runs out of gas which would be like 5 minutes

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,469 Posts
And why is that? Maybe because you don't know how to drive as well as others as long as you are taking the right precautions and being safe about driving fast there is nothing to worry about I know my X very well and I know what it's limits are and speed is not one of them although it kinda is because of the limiter but still I fully believe that if the limiter was removed it could easily maintain 100mph until it runs out of gas which would be like 5 minutes
I'm not gonna waste my time on you. You're just a young punk who thinks he knows everything, but worse, you come on here and start nay-saying everything and then disagreeing with anyone who dares to say anything not in line with your thinking.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,831 Posts
You bumped an 8 year old thread to tell someone who has not logged in here for 4 years not to listen to “them”. 😑 Edgy

Enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.