Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Trying to change the A/C low pressure switch on the dryer. Is there a special socket that goes over the connector to remove the switch? No room for a wrench. Thanks for your help. - David

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
There may be an assumption that when removing that switch you're also changing the dryer. In that case, unclip the sensor and remove once the dryer is removed.

They do make sockets with notches for wires for O2 sensors but those would be too big.

Is there really no room for a stubby end wrench or something similar? small crescent wrench?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There may be an assumption that when removing that switch you're also changing the dryer. In that case, unclip the sensor and remove once the dryer is removed.

They do make sockets with notches for wires for O2 sensors but those would be too big.

Is there really no room for a stubby end wrench or something similar? small crescent wrench?
Hello - I am not changing the dryer. However, if I remove this switch, will all the Freon leak out? I was assuming there might be a check valve. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hello - I am not changing the dryer. However, if I remove this switch, will all the Freon leak out? I was assuming there might be a check valve. Thanks.
You know I don't know.

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is not a check valve...you have to drain the system anytime you mess with anything on the a/c system

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.