Nissan XTerra Forum banner
321 - 340 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
2004 xterra 6cyl 3.3L (160k miles) & 2003 xterra 6cyl 3.3L (dead engine)
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
You can use silicone lube. Just don't use a ton. It's just to help reduce friction as you slide the injectors in. Basically the orings should be shiney after it's applied, but there shouldn't be gobs hanging off. Also be careful to not get it on the orifice or the the filter screens.
is it bad if you don't use any? I did not use any when I put it back together the 1st time and the o-rings were in good shape then. when I pulled it back apart the o-rings looked worn and not in good shape, a few even had some tear/snag spots... was this my doing by not using any lube when installing them?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's probably best to use some. It will prevent chaffing of the orings as the engine does vibrate.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 · (Edited)
It's probably best to use some. It will prevent chaffing of the orings as the engine does vibrate.
so then chances are I did ruin the ones on there when I put the fuel rail back together by not using any lubricant :mad: (live and learn lesson) hopefully this is the "stupid mistake" I've been looking for that is preventing the truck from starting 🤞 guess we'll find out in a few days after I get the new o-rings and install them "correctly"

Reactions: MeToo

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They were probably ok, but the lube does make it easier to install the injectors and does keep the orings from catching on anything and folding.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,176 Posts
Same idea, except in reverse, of why you make the rubber band so big when making pony tails on your daughter's hair - it keeps it from getting caught.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Same idea, except in reverse, of why you make the rubber band so big when making pony tails on your daughter's hair - it keeps it from getting caught.
I get it now, but I'd never done fuel injectors before & didn't know til I was looking online to order new o-rings, that's when I can across a thread about lubricating them for installation. Like I said "live & learn" lesson.

Reactions: MeToo

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
OK, o-rings arrived today but I'm not sure the grease I got is the right stuff. It's all I could find at walmart, will probably have to go to Autozone unless y'all say this stuff will work...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Barely touch the grease, then put a very thin film on the O-rings and you will be fine. No more trips to the store = Woot!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
just a little update, I have not left the site, having a bit of a medical issue and losing all muscle strength in my body, most likely my spine. dont have the ability to function enough to work on the X right now so it's going to have to wait til i figure out what's wrong with me. hopefully i get fixed soon

·
Registered
959 Posts
just a little update, I have not left the site, having a bit of a medical issue and losing all muscle strength in my body, most likely my spine. dont have the ability to function enough to work on the X right now so it's going to have to wait til i figure out what's wrong with me. hopefully i get fixed soon
Absolutely sorry to hear you are having troubles. Wishing you a speedy recovery for sure. We will be looking forward to good news from you and your girls.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I concur with @XT2015 !

I hope only the best of health for you.

Do you know of it's Covid-related, or something you've experienced in the past? And don't feel obligated to answer that in a public forum. You need to be careful about what you share!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
I concur with @XT2015 !

I hope only the best of health for you.

Do you know of it's Covid-related, or something you've experienced in the past? And don't feel obligated to answer that in a public forum. You need to be careful about what you share!
I have had back issues since my 1st pregnancy, its most likely just getting worse or a pinched nerve or something (at least I hope so)

·
Registered
2004 Xterra SE V6 M/T
75 Posts
I have had back issues since my 1st pregnancy, its most likely just getting worse or a pinched nerve or something (at least I hope so)
I hope you feel better soon! I know you were wanting to get your X up and running soon. If you want another set of hands while you recover I don't live too far from you. Just let me know!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
I hope you feel better soon! I know you were wanting to get your X up and running soon. If you want another set of hands while you recover I don't live too far from you. Just let me know!
I might just take you up on that... I got a Dr appt Monday, I'll let you know depending on what they say

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 · (Edited)
So how are you doing? Are you on the mend?
I appreciate you checking in :)....
update ... I had an mri and found that I have multiple sclerosis, which is causing me temporary paralysis on my entire right side. my daughter is going in to be induced tomorrow morning (my birthday 🥰) after I know her & the baby are safe I am to go check myself in to see a neurologist, get a spinal tap and some steroid injections. after those kick in I should be able to move normally again.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I appreciate you checking in :)....
update ... I had an mri and found that I have multiple sclerosis, which is causing me temporary paralysis on my entire right side. my daughter is going in to be induced tomorrow morning (my birthday 🥰) after I know her & the baby are safe I am to go check myself in to see a neurologist, get a spinal tap and some steroid injections. after those kick in I should be able to move normally again.
Darn but I expect you will soldier on and make the best of it. Best wishes for both you and your daughter. Enjoy the new baby event. I expect there will be lot's of joy there! I believe hugs are in order.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
Sounds good. I hope you get good news!

Just let me know. I'm a teacher so other than some concerts that I'm playing in my June is pretty open.
sending you a pm

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Good to see that you seem able to put some more effort into getting this going! I hope it goes well.

321 - 340 of 345 Posts