Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Xterra SE 3.3L NA 4x4 AT 188K miles
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend brought me a bottle of that stuff and literally 1 drop on the terry cloth at a time I did the whole car (not the roof rack though, nor my rear left bumper that is dented). It makes a huge difference.

I just saw someone post about using a heat gun, I wish I had tried that before to compare...

For the record, I got the SUV for 1.2K, dumped 5K to find the problem (cracked head) and do a full service etc. The plastics were almost white and looked like someone gummed some of them up with wax ages ago. I polished the headlights too because you could not see the bulbs inside. Pretty bad.

I did not coat the surround of the headlights, it looks like fiberglass that was sandblasted. I may need to paint if i care enough.

·
Registered
2002 Xterra SE 3.3L NA 4x4 AT 188K miles
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking about doing a spray on bedliner for my trim, but the ease of what you did is tempting me.
It's not that "easy". I did have to rub all the plastic with a couple of fingers :p It just looks really good to me as a result versus the usual crappy chemicals to shine your tires or plastics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts