Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planing to drive up to Arnolds area for some snow-trails off roading. Camping is an option, but I can easily be convinced to stay in a hotel/motel in Murphy or Arnolds (someone please convince me not to camp in snow).

Meeting place:
Saturday the 19th: leaving at 10am from Chevron Gas station in Arnold (960 CA-4, Arnold, CA 95223).

Black Spring Route + Corral Hollow OHV Route:
Black Spring is 18+ miles with difficulty rating of 4.
Corral Hollow is 12+ miles with difficulty rating of 5.

Both of these trails are running somewhat parallel and fairly close to SR 4, off-pavement starts at about 10 miles north of Arnold on SR 4.

I'll have my two munchkins with me and I'm game for either camping, or staying in a hotel/motel in Arnold, Murphy, or any other lodging in the area (not sure about availability in the area, and how far in advance reservation are needed)

Potential attendees:
?

Black Spring Route + Corral Hollow Route:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Wish I could make it that weekend. Family has a cabin up in that area, there's some beautiful trails and it'll be a lot of fun.

Little or no reservations should be needed for hotels/motels, I'd be surprised as it's mostly locals and day trippers at the ski resort.

As for camping in the snow with kids.. don't. Lol it's been getting pretty cold up there lately at night, sometimes in the single digits. In my opinion, save the trail camping for summer trips especially with kids unless you have some serious warm camping gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could make it that weekend. Family has a cabin up in that area, there's some beautiful trails and it'll be a lot of fun.

Little or no reservations should be needed for hotels/motels, I'd be surprised as it's mostly locals and day trippers at the ski resort.

As for camping in the snow with kids.. don't. Lol it's been getting pretty cold up there lately at night, sometimes in the single digits. In my opinion, save the trail camping for summer trips especially with kids unless you have some serious warm camping gear.
I was camping with the kids this past weekend at Indian Valley Reservoir, inside the tent it was 26 - 28 degrees, out side...much colder...my little munchkins are troopers :) ... having said that, I will be more than happy to stay in a hotel/motel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts