Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just moved to central Louisiana from Florida. It might snow once a year or so. In the rare case it does how does the Xterra t case work in snow? 4H under 45 mph? Or 2H unless you're stuck?

·
Registered
808 Posts
We get a bit of snow here in Nova Scotia. I leave mine in 2h unless stuck. 4 wheel drive gets you going when you need it, but momentum keeps you going. Just remember easy does it is most effective. I.E. stab the gas ,tromp the brakes, or crank the steering hard and hello ditch goodbye road.

·
Registered
808 Posts
X2. Fools a lot of people. It gets you going better yes but doesn't help steer or stop.just drive cautiously and leave lots of room, you'll be fine. Of course watch for the idiot flying low and imvincible in his new 4x4. You'll find him down the road upside down

·
Registered
384 Posts
I always keep mine in 2H until i am finally stuck. Never went over 40 in 4WD mode. All i know is 4WD never let me down and it burns gas like crazy. I live in NY.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I live in Buffalo, and run 4H just to get down my street. If the roads are snow covered it will stay in 4H if pavement starts showing threw then back into 2H

I only use 4L when rock climbing or mudding I have never used it on the street.... Well maybe to pull out a stuck car just for the better gearing but never to drive around in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
We get tons of snow where I live from about November to February. Sometimes I need 4wd just to get out of my driveway.. Eh. My X pretty much never leaves 4wd until im fully confident in 2wd and even then there are spots where I pop it into 4wd to be safe. Have even had it on the highway in 4wd and it works perfect. 4wd cant help with black ice as I learned last month but with thick snow and slushy roads it will do the trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts