Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2000 XTerra 4WD with a manual transmission. It has 210,000 Kilometers on it and I have owned it for about 4 years now. I haven't done any upgrades on it but it has been a great vehicle for my fishing trips.

This is my first post here but I have been a long time follower. While driving a few days ago I was hearing clunking in the back end of my XTerra. Turns out I snapped a leaf spring and it is sticking out, hitting the fuel tank. I am a broke university student so I cannot afford to replace both stacks with new parts. I live in a smaller city but my parents live 2 hours away and there is a shop that can make me a new spring + Ubolts. Only problem is, I need to drive the vehicle 2 hours on the highway. I am wondering if it is possible to clamp the spring down and drive it home? The snapped spring can be moved freely but I can't push it back into the stack. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I tried looking through past threads but didn't find any that had snapped the leaf spring on the forward end of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,027 Posts
An alternative is a trip to the junkyard, or buy them off another Xterra that is being parted out.

·
Registered
845 Posts
That broken leaf isn't going anywhere. You can drive it home and have the repair done there. You could hold it in place temporarily with a large hose clamp so it doesn't swing out and grab the metal next to it on the inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts