Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a lil searching but didn't find anything about this so... I bought an 01 Xterra SE with 110k miles. Had a mechanic friend do the vcg and timing belt. Since the tb was making a lil noise. Also had a leaky slave cylonder replaced. Now he said the clutch slips like it needs to be replaced. Like if you're in 3rd and try to accelerate hard. Is it possible something isn't right after the slave was swapped and bled? Is there anything wonky that needs to be done? Or is it just need to replace the clutch? Should the master cylinder be replaced as well?

Thanks

Bobby

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
If the clutch was good before the slave cyl replacement i would say its not adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how to adjust? I can't say it was perfect... But it seemed to get worse as the slave cylinder leaked more.... The reservoir in the master never got real low or empty. Ever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok update.... Slave cylinder was done... Pedal is no different. Master being done tomorrow. I push the pedal to the floor and it barley comes up. I have to pull it up with my foot. I can push the pedal in and get it in gear but it seems like it's slow to engage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ryan.... That seems like it could be part of the issue. I'll check into that. From reading the article I'm hoping that's not it. Doesn't look like a good time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ryan42

i checked the spring...its not broken. adjusted the master cylinder and now pedal is good but clutch is slipping a little worse. I guess the previous owner sucked at driving stick. so mew clutch it is. SMH

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
You should plan on a new flywheel and new clutch fork and pilot bearing if you want problem free install. Also there 2 or 3 different flywheels so check the thickness and size closely before you install or you will have a problem with the starter and will need to start over.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used the Exedy clutch kit and Sachs flywheel. I got the clutch fork from Nissan. No complaints so far. When I pulled the transmission one of the pressure plate bolts was backed out. May have been a contributing factor. I also had oil contamination from the oil pan leaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts