Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's summer in North America, but I'm always thinking about snow.
Saw some ski meets that the Colorado CXrs organized. Anyone else into Snow Skiing or Boarding?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Heck yeah can't wait for winter- I ski. It's the only time my X gets off the pavement lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
I definitely can't wait for white outs and little snow tornados at the top of a black diamond...or green cause I slide down on my a$$ when I get off the lift and mistakingly take the black diamond trail, lol no joke that's happened several times. I didn't get to go last season cause we had new little addition to our family. But man this year its on. Board on!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Off the Beaten Path
1,057 Posts
I miss the cold and the snow so much used to get the local pass and go up to the mountains and ski every weekend but I have picked up water skiing since moving to FL.....just not the same as good old CO though

·
Registered
165 Posts
i live 7 hours from the closest ski place, so i only go once a year, i have been going for the past 4 or 5 years...

water skiing, i have a lake 20 minutes from home, so i try to go during the summer (when im not climbing nor fishing), but im still learning....

actually, those 3 activities are the main reason why i got the Xterra... my jeep was great for camping, but i never even dared the 7 hour drive to ski, and pulling the boat on it was not too comfortable, for the 20 minute ride it was OK but for the 2 hour drive to a good fishing spot, it isnt fun....

EDIT: me and my GF, first pic in Ruidoso, NM on Feb 2013, and second pic, she and me again, this spring, on the local lake

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Snowboard

I snowboard but now living in Ohio it is much more difficult to find any good locations I have always lived in either the Pacific Northwest or the Rockies so anyone in the southern Ohio area that wants to get together this season let me know!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I snowboard but now living in Ohio it is much more difficult to find any good locations I have always lived in either the Pacific Northwest or the Rockies so anyone in the southern Ohio area that wants to get together this season let me know!
Depending on where you live in Oh you should hit up snowshoe or timberline here in Wv, they are both awesome places to board. We enjoy timberline the best cause it is 4,5xx ft. In elevation so there are definitely some good slopes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Love snowboarding...but not snow in NC/Iowa

I frequent Boone, NC, SnowShoe, WV, Wintergreen Resort, VA, Winterplace Resort, WV, etc

I have made some trips up to Lake Placid, NY and Lake Tahoe, CA before...both very fun and make East Coast snow seem quite...boring

·
Registered
35 Posts
I started my young son in ski lessons (indoor) and will move him outside soon (after NFL season). I am thinking about switching from snowboard to skis to learn with him.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I started my young son in ski lessons (indoor) and will move him outside soon (after NFL season). I am thinking about switching from snowboard to skis to learn with him.
That's a great idea, if he struggles with it at first you learning with him will show him not to get discouraged if he falls as well as making it more fun for him. My wife and I do the same thing when our kids learn a new sport. We will get out there and learn it with em, its a great bonding experience for us and the little chillins. On a side note, Man I can't wait to go boarding!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts