Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another shovel holder! I've seen the others and they all have their benefits, but this is what I think will work best for me. All you need is

2 quick fists (only $1.50 shipping per item from the man. endroad.com)
2 hose clamps (FYI the diam. of a circle with the circumference of our crossbars is 2.7", plus the hose)
2 feet of your choice of hose

Cut 2 pieces of hose to length (I chose 1/2" water heater hose), undo your hose clamps, feed the ends into the pieces of hose, stick the quick fists up there and tighten them down! It's very secure and rattle free. The shovel I used was an old rusty POS I found in my yard, bought a handle, got most of the rust off and threw some silver metallic BBQ paint I got. Well turns out it was freakin BRIGHT silver so I covered it in gray primer. That didn't look good either so I threw on some flat black and made a sort of camo.

Reactions: RATTFINK

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A mod will have to change the title lol

And thanks Ratt :D

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone who cares, I bought bigger hose clamps and moved this over to the side, on the black plastic that holds on the crossbars, to make room for my ski rack. It's the bigger of the two traditional looking Yakima racks, don't know about the Fatcats, but it fits tight but well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts