Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't have access to one, or I would've. I'm thinking of just borrowing my cousin's huge breaker bar and hoping for the best. I'll give it a try soon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have access to one, or I would've. I'm thinking of just borrowing my cousin's huge breaker bar and hoping for the best. I'll give it a try soon.
If you find a sturdy piece of 4' metal pipe that'll give you some good leverage. Just be sure you tense everything up to keep it in place before really yanking on it, or else you might strip a head.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
If you haven't tried a breaker bar yet, try that. Then try it with a cheater bar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Need to buy shocks. How does the Club Xterra discount work with Shock Warehouse?

I've been to the website for the shocks but can't find where to tell them that I'm a forum member.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think the code for shockwarehouse is xterra2011. usually when you try to exit the the website you'll get an online chat rep and they'll give you 5% off which is think is the forum discount.

I bought the nismo by bilstein kit from 4x4parts, and if you don't mind getting the standard length shocks they're a good deal. $221.73 shipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Second gens don't have struts either. We have a double A-arm suspension just like the first gens, except we have a coilover shock instead of a torsion bar and shock. A strut assembly only has a lower control arm and the top of the steering knuckle connects directly to the bottom of the strut. This is a common arrangement on smaller, mostly front wheel drive, cars.
OMG Thank you so much for sharing that 411. I had took Baby Girl ( 08 )to a local shop because she was starting to have a sway. They told me it had both and would have to come "packed" or some crap. New tires fixed a lot of that because on had a broke belt. If they noticed it they didn't say and this guy is supposed to be "the most honest around" I was already thinking of a second opinion but now will for sure

21 - 27 of 27 Posts