Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
New on the block here, thought I would share my new X with the forum. :)
It's a 2015 Pro-4x version, just a few slight mods (not sure if they are really mods, but maybe more like small enhancements).
- for winter I replaced the oem rims with older wheels off a Frontier and plastidipped them
- added a Rola Roof Basket.

Just a few mods to get into the spirit of things.

By the way, how are you guys securing your stuff on the basket? I purchased the Rola net but not sure if it's dense enough to keep things down.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just posted a couple hours ago in exterior mods about a roof rack Im looking at the DepHep from Xterra performance, I also would lioke a way to secure and lock gear on the rack. I was hoping that someone made a "Locking" net but I haven't found one yet.

I Got my Pro4x back in May (I think) I like it so far but I haven't been very far in it yet. But hoping to next spring. Mine is still all stock so far but it will do most anything I want to do at this point.

Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome from Mexico! I like! Making me want to get a newer one than my 2001, shhhhhh, don't tell her that as I love her as well. I think if I decide to go with a newer one I would also be keeping my current one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just posted a couple hours ago in exterior mods about a roof rack Im looking at the DepHep from Xterra performance, I also would lioke a way to secure and lock gear on the rack. I was hoping that someone made a "Locking" net but I haven't found one yet.

I Got my Pro4x back in May (I think) I like it so far but I haven't been very far in it yet. But hoping to next spring. Mine is still all stock so far but it will do most anything I want to do at this point.

Welcome to the club.
Thanks and nice ride!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good. Loving the roof rack and the plasti-dipped wheels
Looking at a rack myself.
Thanks!
It's a Rola product. Very solid, easy to install. I won't be using the front basket that comes with the Xterra so I will be moving the rack up to align it with the rear end of the roof bars. It's the little things. lol

I found a set of used Frontier wheels for winter driving and decided to plastidip them as they were quite scratched. If you can find a set of 6 spoke Xterra wheels, I find those even better-looking. It's the little things!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good. Loving the roof rack and the plasti-dipped wheels
Looking at a rack myself.
I moved the rack up to align with the rear rail bars and I no longer have access to the integrated inbasket as the Rola covers the handle and a bit.
You could probably do the same with a smaller roof, like the Rhino or a copy of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts