Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what made this possible: I have an supercharged '03 that recently threw a 0430 and 0328 error. I didn't notice anything overtly wrong (everything continued to run and sound fine). I cleared the light but the SES came back on after about 10 miles. It has been on steady for about a week or so however, I took it on a 3 hour road trip this weekend. The SES light has turned itself after its time on the highway.

Any ideas, advice or experience appreciated.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
sean what the hell are you doing up at 2 am??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sean. I went underneath with a flashlight to visually inspect the cats/exhaust system and everything looks in good order (very little rust, no wires loose or corroded). From reading other posts on this forum, I understand that the 0430 could be from a difference in voltage between the O2 sensors on the first and second cats. What I find curious is that the ECU has turned off the SES light. Should I be concerned about an problem that may or may not exist?

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Thanks Sean. I went underneath with a flashlight to visually inspect the cats/exhaust system and everything looks in good order (very little rust, no wires loose or corroded). From reading other posts on this forum, I understand that the 0430 could be from a difference in voltage between the O2 sensors on the first and second cats. What I find curious is that the ECU has turned off the SES light. Should I be concerned about an problem that may or may not exist?
YOur CPU monitors for faults all the time...if it gets some, it may not display all of them, or it may, depending on if it's programmed to feel its an important issue or not, etc....

If a fault stops appearing, it may leave the warning up for a while, and then, if it doesn't see it again for a while, cancel the warning.

IE: There's potentially a bunch of out of range data the CPU is considering at any given time...and keeping its mouth shut, as that's essentially normal to a degree.

If a problem appears often enough to be abnormal, it lights the warning, etc.

If its stops seeing the problem, it might wait 500 miles, and then re-set, etc.

:wink-big:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts