Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 PRO 4X in Night Armor. It's lifted 4" with Radflo coilover shocks in front. I absolutely love it, but I need a pickup truck as I recently moved up to the mountains. My Xterra has 150k miles on it. Recently I had problems with the front end where occasionally it would start shaking violently on the left. When I brought it to the mechanic, they found out that the rack and pinion was blown out and also needed a new left hub. So he gives me a quote of $2900.
That's about the top line of what I wanted to spend on this vehicle. As he's replacing the rack he calls me and tells me that he didn't know that he needs to remove the front differential to get the rack and pinion in. Then he discovers that there's a problem with one of the rods that are on either side of the rack and pinion. Tells me the front differential needs to be rebuilt, estimates that at $800. When the differential comes back, he tells me it's $1,400. So I'm in $4,300 for my Xterra plus $500 for a rental car for two weeks. Not happy about this at all. 60-minute tune in Granada Hills, CA. Be careful of Tony. I call him Tony Baloney.
I'm looking to sell this vehicle for around 16k if anyone's interested. Almost completely new front end! (I want a '22 Frontier!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts