Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago I got an 02 SE Xterra, but ever since I’ve gotten it I can’t get the doors to unlock correctly. The key fobs (which I got a new one cause the old one was pretty rough, but both work and do the same thing) will only unlock the drivers side door, even with pressing it multiple times within the time limit. The key does work in the door though with unlocking all the doors, as well as the lock and unlock button on the inside of the door. From other threads I believe this comes down to a security system issue, but anybody got anymore ideas? And if it is the security system, know of any good ones to get at a good price? Since the key fobs and horn works (unless they wouldn’t with a new one), Thanks!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
could be the door lock switches too, check the wiring on the driver door switch component, but is liekly to be security brain dying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be the door lock switches too, check the wiring on the driver door switch component, but is liekly to be security brain dying.
Yeah I think the issue is the security brain, any recommendations on where to get one, and whether to go OEM or aftermarket?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts