Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2000. But anyways I notice it sort of sits lower on the passenger side by the gas tank. So I'm assuming weak leafs. I'm thinking I might bandaid it with an add a leaf and see where it puts me. Or sure hold I go pull some at a junk yard from a lower mileage xterra. I traded my old dodge with a 5.9 v8 and bad tranny even cause he said he.needed more pulling power for his 7k pound boat. Im thinking he tryed pulling it with the x and damaged the leafs. Would add a leaf be a bad idea or?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Could also be a saggy torsion bar.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or maybe it's just the back pulling it down from bad leafs. I do know that when I go over hills fast where my front end lifts thay side clunks as if maybe I'm missing a bump stop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a 2000. But anyways I notice it sort of sits lower on the passenger side by the gas tank. So I'm assuming weak leafs. I'm thinking I might bandaid it with an add a leaf and see where it puts me. Or sure hold I go pull some at a junk yard from a lower mileage xterra. I traded my old dodge with a 5.9 v8 and bad tranny even cause he said he.needed more pulling power for his 7k pound boat. Im thinking he tryed pulling it with the x and damaged the leafs. Would add a leaf be a bad idea or?
I know this is an older post but i agree with cbxterra, my 2008 had a leaf break & we've never been off-roading or towed anything (need the 4X4 just 2 get through snow up here lol). I got new one on eBay for 1/2 the price quoted from tire store & installed it myself.
Or maybe it's just the back pulling it down from bad leafs. I do know that when I go over hills fast where my front end lifts thay side clunks as if maybe I'm missing a bump stop.

Sent from my ASUS PadFone X using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.