Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Xterra XE. Yesterday I got done with replacing the upper intake plenum. Replaced all hoses, spark plugs, and Fuel Pressure Regulator.

I was reflecting on what I did and began to question whether I may have made a bad choice on something.

When I replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator, the rubber hose that connects the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail was old, so I got a new rubber fuel hose. The original 2 clamps broke when I took them off. I could not find any replacements, unless I could order them and they would arrive Monday or Tuesday. I didn't want to wait that long (3 days), so I used new clamps that you can tighten with a hex socket. I know I tightened them good, but in the past I would say 1 in 10 radiator or heater hoses will leak in about 3 years.

Should I go back and replace that hose and put on those "springy" clamps or am I OK with the clamps I put on and tightened, but maybe I should check them in a couple of years?

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
I;ve seen the spring one go south too, hence the broken ones you replaced to start with, etc.

I'd wait until I was in there for something else to even check on them....say the next t-belt swap, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts